Plan Specification: HHF-3090
Total Square Footage: 2,496
Main Level: 2,496
Baths: 2 Half: 1
Width: 63 ft Depth: 79 ft
Foundation: Crawl Space
© copyright by designer
This 2496 sq. ft. home is one of our Lifetime Series:
A Lifetime Home...
Why It's Extraordinary...
Why It's Green:
1) Home Office, Shop or Store...Serves as a secondary work location, reducing commuting expenses, providing direct exterior client access, yet retaining privacy for the homeowner. Alternatively, this may be used as a private Bedroom Suite.
2) Thinking Outside the Box...Easily modified to meet the ever-changing needs of the Home-Owner.
Modifications-Design consideration is given to window and door openings, chases, etc. to easily accomodate future changes, minimizing tear-down and reducing cost and waste.
Future Additions- It is anticipated that Future Additions will be created to
expand and enhance this design. Upon completion these will be made available to meet future homeowner's needs.
Moveable Walls...Design may include structural framing for future wall re- location...once again, minimizing tear-down, waste and expense. Moveable walls will likely include chases to allow wiring and/or plumbing to be easily re-routed to the new location.
3) 6" SIP Exterior Walls are recommended in many designs, providing enhanced energy performance over conventional framing.
4) A Multi-Purpose Storage Building...As a final component of the structure, the cost effective storage building may be built by adjusting its size to utilize as many of the remaining scrap materials as possible. This will also provide storage space for remaining scrap materials to be stored, for use in future projects or repairs. This would significantly reduce the trash and scraps added to our land fills.
5) Both Active and Passive Energy-Saving Technolgies are accomodated in these designs:
Active: South Facing Roof of rear garage provides significant partially concealed area for both photovoltaic and water heating panels. A water source heat pump, open or sealed, is recommended where feasible, minimizing the need for electric resistance, gas & oil heating. "Wind-Finders", an innovation hidden within the Cupola, will automatically rotate to direct air flow throughout the home for selectable living space ventilation, attic ventilation, or wind turbine generators.
Ductwork in conditioned Space reduces demands of climate control systems.
Passive: Increased Glass on South Side provides heat gain in winter daylight hours, stored in dark flooring of effected rooms for release in cooler evening hours. These windows are shaded by retractable awnings in hot summer seasons. Permeable tile field manages drainage within outdoor living area and provides easy access to field lines for sealed Water Source Heat Pump system. "Breathable" Roof underlayment system allows air to flow between roof tiles and decking to keep attic cooler.
6) Energy Star Appliances are recommended throughout as well as Water Saving Fixtures.
7) "Primary Point-of-Use" (PPOU)Tankless Water Heaters reduce wasted water during warm-up and heat water only on demand.
8) Skylights provide additional natural light in the central Family Room.
9) GreenHouse...Plants absorb CO2, produce Oxygen, are a major part of our diet, add beauty to our environment...Gardening can be an enjoyable and rewarding endeavor.
10) Reading Porch...Growing and expanding one's most valuable asset through reading is less time expending energy on electronic media and entertainment.
Final Comments from the Designer...While many recycled, environmentally friendly materials, products and technologies are shown and recommended, the Designer is also sensitive to one's own "Green Assets" and recommends a Cost/Benefit Analysis of those items before purchase and implementation. Further, careful consideration should be given to construction location, climate and locally available materials, resources and service providers.
Plan Pricing Packages
Need to make changes?
Call for a free modification quote
or use this quote form
10% off ALL online house plan packages! Promo Code: Thanks2011Top
It looks like you don't have a Flash player installed. Click here to go to Adobe download page.